Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Chronic Candy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Chronic Candy

    What's this world coming to?

    Critics Say Pot Candy Is Being Marketed To Kids

    POSTED: 5:58 pm EDT May 4, 2005
    UPDATED: 7:12 am EDT May 5, 2005


    ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's a new lollipop in town and its flavor is controversial to say the least. It's called 'Chronic Candy' and it's made to taste like marijuana. Critics of the product say it's one more way to make illegal drugs seem cool.

    The little lollipops really are made to taste like marijuana, but there is no THC in them, which is the active ingredient in pot that gets you high. But that fact hasn't stopped critics of this crazy candy.

    Beyond the plastic wrapper, buried in the colorful candy is the flavor of marijuana.

    "It's not good at all, it's sweet," said Florence Marr after tasting the candy. "It tastes like crap."

    Not everyone shares Marr's opinion and drug prevention experts say the sweet stuff will be very tempting to a vulnerable crowd.

    "I mean, I'm thinking middle school kids as being really intrigued with this. They're so much at that pivotal point, rebel a little bit. 'It's just candy, mom, how can it hurt me,'" commented Jody Scott, Center for Drug Free Living.

    The ad campaign for the pot-flavored pops is almost more shocking than the candy itself, using pictures of marijuana and slogans that make parents cringe, such as "tell a friend, not a cop," and "every lick is like taking a hit."

    "Every lick is like taking a hit, that's nice. And then of course, the packaging is called nickel bag. I mean, that's uncalled for," said parent Wade Marr.

    "I feel sorry for anybody who needs this to make a living," said Brian Foster.

    The man making that living expects it to be quite a living.

    "Actually, to be honest with you, you'll hear it first. I'm gonna make a billion dollars out of this," said Tony Van Pelt, the creator of Chronic Candy. "This is a business, controversial, but a legitimate product, hard work behind it."

    Van Pelt's already begun to find his clientele. "Snoop Dog got the chronic candy and the Chronic blue beenie."

    He says his is not kid candy. "I don't want it in kids' hands. It's not meant for kids. It's an adult thing."

    But experts say, if the makers think kids won't get their hands on this product, they must be high.

    "I think the most dangerous part of this message is by connecting marijuana or pot with candy. It makes it seem so safe. I mean, what could be more harmless than a lollypop?" questioned Scott.
    Hail to the Redskins

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Undertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chronic Candy

    I don't see n e thing wrong with it..it's not illegal or n e thing...it doesn't have THC in it so it doesn't harm you....it's just a flavor!!...I wanna try one...
    "Darkness cosumes the light and beckons his return"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chronic Candy

    It really doesnt matter if there is tetrahydro-cannabinol in it or not. I personally think they should ban the candy cigarettes they have sold for years as well. Foster is right, those few years before and during puberty can really define a person.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chronic Candy

    Tony Van Pelt needs to be beaten with a caning rod. No wonder this country's morality is going all to hell.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •